Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the value of Non-Linear Transformer ?

Hi there !

I know that we could make "modified" transformer for special purpose (with Vsec=5V for example). But, instead of make a new transformer, it might be more easier if we could know how to read the value of those transformer. For example, NLT_PQ_4_120 or NLT_PQ_4_10. To be narrowed, what is the meaning of 4_120 and 4_10 ?

Anyone ?
Ghost Recon Team Leader
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,572 Views)

To understand the models you mentioned you need to understand XSPICE.  I suggest you use the virtual transformer instead because it is easy to change the turn ratio, you can double clicking on the component and enter what ever ratio you want.  This component is found  by selecting the menu PlaceàComponent

Group: Basic

Family: Basic Virtual

Component: TS Virtual

Tien
Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,559 Views)

hi! 

well i still cant understad how to read  the value of a non linear transformer, and i couldnt understand either  how to assign the 110v/12v i need

help please 😞 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,129 Views)

Hi,

The easiest transformer to work with is the 1P1S from the Transformer family.  This part allows you to double click and simply enter the primary to secondary turn ratio.  The non-linear transfromer is difficult to work with, you have to understand how the magnet core and coreless works to setup the turn ratio.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,102 Views)

Hi,

The easiest transformer to work with is the 1P1S from the Transformer family.  This part allows you to double click and simply enter the primary to secondary turn ratio.  The non-linear transfromer is difficult to work with, you have to understand how the magnet core and coreless works to setup the turn ratio.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,102 Views)

sorry for multiple post, something is wrong with my browser.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,097 Views)

Guys can you help mu to make a AC/Dc power supply using this specs?

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,651 Views)

You did not answer the question. He was asking about the parameters of the non-linear transformer. You should at least point out to a reference text.

Juan C Luna

Message 8 of 8
(4,443 Views)