From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add LabVIEW instruments to Multisim

I wish to create a LabVIEW 2009 instrument to use in Multisim 10. They do not show in the LV instument menu.

I have followed this

How to Create a LabVIEW Based Virtual Instrument for NI Multisim

which creates a .llb, which when placed in \:Program Files\...\lvinstruments\ does not show up in Multisim.

This    Multisim Is Not Loading My Custom LabVIEW Instrument

indicates I also need a .dll

Where does the .dll come from?   (The Microphone and Speaker, Signal Generator, Signal Analyzer do not have a .dll and do show up in Multisim.)

Also, I have loaded these  ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/tut/multisim_lv_20090212.zip  into ...\lvinstruments\ but the most recent version

for those .dll's is for LV 8.6.0.  Is this good for 9.0? And when these are loaded there is no change with the behavior of my new instrument not showing.

Thank you for your time,

Christopher

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,697 Views)

lindope,

LabVIEW 2009 came out after the release of Multisim 10.   As you know and have noted we can support up to LabVIEW 8.6 for Multisim 10.   With the release of Multisim 11, we support instruments and created in previous LabVIEW versions and any new instruments created in LabVIEW 2009.

Is it possible for you to migrate to Multisim 11?

If not please send me an email and I will see if I can get your LabVIEW 2009 algorithm ported back into LabVIEW 8.6 and create the instrument for Multisim 10.

Regards,

Pat Noonan

National Instruments

patrick.noonan@ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,691 Views)