Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see the footprint pin numbers in the MS edit part footprint tab?

Solved!
Go to solution

I don't see how to do this but wouldn't it be great if this feature were added?

So many times I am setting up a new part or verifying a part, and I hate needing to go all the way into UB to just to see which pin is pin 1.

Can NI add this as a feature request for MS?  It already shows the footprint from the UB database.  How hard would it be to add a pin 1 indicator?  Or even a click button to open up a more detailed footprnt view?

Thanks,

David B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,537 Views)
There can be I have misunderstood your question? In the program there is possibility Options>> Sheet Properties>> Circuit. To establish flag Footprint pin names. Or, the right button of a mouse on a component and, having chosen Properties, in bookmark Display to establish flag Show footprint pin names.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,523 Views)
No, that just shows pin numbers on the schematic symbols in a schematic.   That doesn't help to know the physical locations of the pins on the UB footprint.  I want to see the actual physical pad numbers on the UB footprint graphic that is shown when editing a part (under the footprint tab).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,509 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dbur

Hi Mr. Burton,

I understand what you are looking for. This has been requested by other customers and many NI employees as well. Unfortunately, we don't have this done yet and there is no work around aside from opening the matching landpattern in Ultiboard. We are actively improving our architecture so that this functionality can be supported.

When I am creating components, I always have a copy of Ultiboard open with the place from database dialog open. Fortunately, you can copy and paste the exact name of the footprint into the dialog without having to navigate to the exact node in the tree. This makes this process not as difficult as it may first appear.

I apologise for this less than satisfactory solution. I assure you that we are doing our best to address this issue at this very moment, but in the mean time this is the best that we can offer.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,504 Views)

Thanks for that explanation and best work around.  I'll look forward to the new feature when you can get to it.

David B

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,501 Views)

When I came to my company I found here this multisim software. The printing of the pin number isn't the only drawback! You, at NI, should be ashamed  to put on the market such a piece of s...oftware!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,221 Views)