From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I open an ms8 demo file on new computer?

Hi!

I have some amount of important & big schematic files stored under Multisim 8.x Evaluation version. After big lightning strike unfortunately I lost almost all of hardware in my PC and now I have new mobo, hdd etc., and cannot open backuped ms8 files. It says: "Could not open the selected file, because it was saved on another machine using a demo version of the program. You can only open this file using a demo or regular version of the program installeed on the same computer as where the file was saved" & " The (...).ms8 file was not recognized as a valid file format"

But this old computer don't exists now. 😕

Even under Multisim 10.0.1 Power Pro REGULAR version on my friends system while opening those ms8 files it says:

"An unknown error occured while accesing E:\(...).ms8. I tried also under Multisim 10 Eval. and... nothing! 😞

Files are on HDD (copied from CD backup) and worked properly with old system. Is there ANY chance of open .ms8 files?? Or saving them under DEMO version was terrible mistake and I lost them forever even if I still have them physically?

Any help, please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,425 Views)

Hello,

Unfortunately you are encountering a security feature of Demo version of Multisim.

There might still be a solution to your application, for this, you would need your previous HDD.
    Is it still usable? Try to recover the data using the tools available on internet, and then just use the old HDD in the new PC.
    There is a chance that the files will work, also, look for the Security Copies of your previously built applications. More info:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/343A70DB1AD00E9D862575D3004CDCB0?OpenDocument 

Please follow up on the status of your files recovery, 
   Best regards, 

Emil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,409 Views)