From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Create a Specific Type of Transformer?

Good morning, all! I am brand new to the Circuit Design Suite so I'd greatly appreciate any responses being "dumbed-down" for me. 🙂 I am attempting to build in Multisim the same schematic pictured at the link below and in the attachment here. The problem is that I don't know how to create a transformer that looks and works like the one outlined in red in the below schematic image. I have added all the transformers I can find in Multisim's database, but none look like the one I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please keep in mind that I am brand new to Multisim and also a novice in the electronics field. Thanks so much!

SCHEMATIC IMAGE: https://flic.kr/p/tVW1sf

-Matthew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,773 Views)

Hi Connah

If you are new to Multisim, it might be useful for you to know that you can create custom components if:

- The one that you need is not in the database and

- You have access to the corresponding SPICE model of the component

Here you will find a step by step guide for Creating a Custom Component in NI Multisim

Regarding the transformer, I am honestly not too familiar with types of transformers. Does this one have a particular name that you know of?

The TRANSFORMER_CT_RATED seemed similar to the one that you need to simulate, however, the terminals that your transformer has shortcircuited do not seem to be the same ones. Would it be possible to build the trnasformer by connecting 2 transformers together?  The TEMPLATE_1P2S_TMODEL seemed more similar to the one that you have. If it does not behave similarly, you might require modifying the model of the component as well. 

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,743 Views)