Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with USB ciruit and MAX1555 chip simulation

Hey

So I was designing a circuit to test out with a MAX1555 chip to recharge a circuit. The circuit uses a USB port to get the charge. I cannot how to make the USB port work, also I was wondering if you could help me make a simulation of the MAX1555 chip, I got the layout done. The circuit is attached in the files. I was also wondering if there is any sort of memory chip already in the database so that I would not have to create one.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,644 Views)

Hello,

The USB components are Layout Only components which means they cannot be simulated. If what you need is to simulate the voltage it will provide you can use a 5 VDC power supply instead of the USB connector and after the simulation, you can replace it by the USB connector.

About the MAX1555, in order to simulate it you are going to need to find the SPICE model from the component. I already looked for it here but I could not find it. Maybe you can try to look for it from other source and even try to get in contact with the manufacturer to see if the SPICE model is available at all.

If you find the SPICE model, you are going to need to create a custom component in Multisim and then import the SPICE model. Then, you will be able to simulate the component.

This article has some information about the Layout Only components and Simulatable components.

There are several memory chips including EPROM, Ram and Sector Flash Memory chips. To find them press Ctrl + w in Multisim to open the "Select a Component" window, select the Master Database, "all groups" and in the Family list, select MEMORY.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,340 Views)

Okay Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,312 Views)