Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI is gone

I've been using Multisim 13.0 for my diploma thesis and after I've clicked 'Description' in menu 'Tools' (or something like that) Multisim has shown me a message box with title related to Visual C redistributable which I've been removing for a long time without any errors for years. This time it was fatal error and whenever I try to reopen Multisim it shows to me like on an attached file.
For now I've repaired Multisim using a tool from Add/Remove Programs and my system is restored to the day that Multisim was working fine but nothing has changed. I still can't work.
I'll also try restoring the system with earlier dates (especially restoring redistributables), after that I'm going to reinstall Multisim completely if it's necessary.

If my post is placed in wrong category - please replace. I had no idea how to call this error, there was no error code in message.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,337 Views)
I don't know how to edit my previous post, so solution will land separately from problem description.

System restoring and reinstallation did nothing to Multisim GUI.
After opening Multisim I've closed current sheet (standard empty design) - few menu options appeared, in Tools chosen Global Options and changed Configuration File path in User settings to one not selected at startup.

Problem was caused probably by this file which could be damaged during saving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,323 Views)