Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Vectors turn off

Solved!
Go to solution

Ultiboard V10.0, Power Pro,,,

this question has probably been asked before, but is is still annoying me,

is there any way to turn off the Force Vectors permanently

(I mean permanently so they don't appear at all again, as I don't use this feature )

the question also arises with ratsnest and design rule checkboxes, but since these are complete once the pcb is finished this is less of a problem than Force Vectors which annoying reappear every time a Ultiboard file is opened ?

does anybody know of any settings in the Ultiboard registry that affect this behaviour ?

Ulticap/Multisim/Ultboard User for 10+ years, help !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,714 Views)
There is no way to turn if off permanently, but if you upgrade to 10.1, opening a design remembers which layers are turned on. So if you turn them off for a design, Ultiboard won't automatically turn on the layer when you open the file. I will add a feature request to make it possible to save default settings with this layer turned off.
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rtall

Hi,

I get around this by changing force vector color to black which is the same as the background color and I don't really notice it.  Ultiboard will remember this setting if you start a new design but if you open a file where the force vector is a different color, it will default to the new color and you have to change that setting again. 

Message Edited by Tien P on 08-11-2009 02:58 PM
Tien P.

National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(4,655 Views)

Thanks Tien and Garret,

the changing the Force Vector colour to Black seems to work acceptably,

so this is okay,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,635 Views)