Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Model of LTC1043?

Hello Community,

iam actually playing / testing a controlling unit for pt100 with a current sink and high side measuring with an instrument op amp.

For compensating the gained offset voltage i tryd a typical circuit from the LTC1047 datasheet.

In DS: 

http://www.datasheets.pl/integrated_circuits/L/LTC/LTC1047.pdf

First Picture Circuit, wont run. Output Voltage is everytime on posivite rail.

Then i took a look in component properties from LTC1043, and in the model tab, there's only a DUMMY model.

I also was wondering before, i used the LT1101, and tried some chopping with the ltc1043 but i wont works. So i done it with analog switches and a following active 2pole. But the circuit in the LTC1047 looks cheaper ;))

Is there any complete model available?

Thank u for your help.

Greetz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,335 Views)

Dear Greetz,

It is not so trivial to simulate a pt100 or a thermistor in Multisim but here are some Links where you can find some instructions.

How do I Simulate a Pt100 RTD with Multisim?

Can I simulate an NTC thermistor with the RESISTOR_VIRTUAL component in Multisim?

Kind Regards,

SG3 | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | NIG |

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,309 Views)

Hello SG3,

thank you for your response. But thats not exactly what i asked. But also interesting, i will read it later.

I need a runable model for the LTC1043.

I use MS13.

There is a model of the LTC1043, but i explained it, in the component properties, there is only a "Dummy" model deposited.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,305 Views)

Dear Greetz,

Im very sorry but when there is only a "Dummy" Model included for this component we don’t have any model for this.

You have to contact the vendor of the LTC1043 you want to simulate and ask them for a SPICE Model which you could include in the component to simulate it.

Kind Regards,

SG3| Applications Engineering | National Instruments | NIG |

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,301 Views)