Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to BatchPCB

Has anyone had any luck exporting to BatchPCB?

I have created a simple circuit as a test to export to BatchPCB. BatchPCB's DRC bot generates an error stating that their are traces that violate the "8 mil traces with 8 mil trace spacing" rule. All traces are well over the 8 mil trace width and spacing.

I think the problem originates from the reference points (cross-hairs) that Ultiboard includes in the Gerber files, see attached image.

Export_to_BatchPCB.PNG

I have never seen the above reference points generated from an EDA before. Is it possible to remove these points?

Thanks,
Adam

Adam Przybilla
Consulting Engineer

Aegis Group
Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
tel 206.447.4175
fax 206.624.9448
www.AegisGrp.com
a product and technology development company
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,085 Views)

Solved my own problem....

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=370&message.id=6609&query.id=538004#M6609

This should fix any problems when submitting to BatchPCB.com

Here's to cheap PCBs!

- Adam

Adam Przybilla
Consulting Engineer

Aegis Group
Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
tel 206.447.4175
fax 206.624.9448
www.AegisGrp.com
a product and technology development company
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,082 Views)
I just wanted to jump in with some great words for BatchPCB, and some additional information from Sunstone Circuits

BatchPCB makes a darned fine board. Here at Sunstone Circuits, we're big fans of all that the sparkfun staff are up to in their business.

The only drawback to the BatchPCB approach is that you never really know how long it'll take for your boards to arrive. BatchPCB is straight-up about this, and I commend them for the full disclosure on their part. You never, ever order from BatchPCB without knowing exactly what they will and will not do. BatchPCB and Sunstone clearly share those same values for clear communication with their customers.

However, if you're both on a budget AND you need a predictable ship date, check out the ValueProto service at Sunstone Circuits (www.sunstone.com). It's worth a look before you commit.

Sunstone is a member of National Instruments' Third-Party Design Network (http://www.ni.com/multisim/network/sunstone.htm), featuring our quick-turn prototype PCBexpress production services. Our ValueProto service is perfect for small quantities of smaller-sized two-layer boards. You can get your boards for as little as $28, with free shipping and a guaranteed 10 day lead time. This means you get your boards at a good price and at a predictable time.

Full disclosure: I am an employee of Sunstone Circuits. I also am involved in Sunstone's Multisim Third-Party Design Network activities. So, if you have additional suggestions about how to improve the services offered by Sunstone, feel free to contact me. 

Nolan Johnson
CAD/EDA Product Marketing
Sunstone Circuits
njohnson@sunstone.com

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,049 Views)