Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do DIACs actually work in Multisim?

Hello,

I've been playing about with Multisim for half a day now, trying to get a simple DIAC/TRIAC AC dimmer circuit working.

I've come to the conclusion that none of the DIAC models seems to functiona s expected - all of them conduct all of the time, regardless of the voltage/current applied to them.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a working DIAC/TRIAC circuit based on the eclectic mix of components multisim has available as standard, please?  I can't find one on the internet despite extensive searching, so I'm starting to wonder if this circuit is actually possible to simulate in multisim...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,616 Views)

Now fixed...

Guaranteed way to fix anything - get so annoyed about it, you put a posting b*tching about it on a forum...Smiley Frustrated

Like a bad workman, though, I'm still going to blame my tools...stupid multisim!

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,613 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to do the same thing, but I am stuck, it seems the DIAC does not work properly. Can you please tell me what was your issue ? 🙂

Here is what I am trying to simulate, but it seems that the TRIAC/DIAC does not work...

Capture2.PNG

Any idea ? 😁

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,576 Views)

Да, действительно, в программе использованы упрощённые модели диаков, предназначенные для узко направленного моделирования. Чем проще модель-тем быстрее симуляция. Предложу модель реально копирующую поведение диака с эффектом релаксации. Разработчик-господин bordodynov http://out.easycounter.com/external/bordodynov.ltwiki.org
На нисходящей полуволне происходит чёткая отсечка импульса, что трудно добиться от моделей из основной базы. Отдельно демонстрирую РЕЛАКСАЦИЮ диака и добавлю файл поведения диммера при нестабильной сети-это проблема  сельской местности. Такой простой диммер там будет плохо работать

tipa_0-1635153756262.png

tipa_0-1635151407901.png

tipa_1-1635152696851.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,832 Views)

Все зелёные модели-только для рисования.Когда я слегка приболел, появилось время для лёжки с ноутбуком,-проверил все модели триаков из основной базы. Рабочие модели только-3 (синие)

tipa_0-1635855604622.png

Зачем ребята из NI так загадили и без того раздутую и напичканную всякими излишествами программу?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,802 Views)

tipa_0-1635858280808.pngtipa_1-1635858449668.png

tipa_2-1635858532914.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,799 Views)