From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digi-Key Part Creation tool for Multisim (beta)

Try it out... let us know what you think.

Works with Multisim/Ultiboard v11 and v12 databases only...

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-26943

Please register and submit feedback on our Circuit Design Community page.

(Please come back and give "Kudos" if you like the tool)

Thank you,

Pat N

Message 1 of 10
(7,487 Views)

This looks interesting.  I use LTSPICE at work but if this can help me do some layout work and create parts through digikey I think this will be useful.   Is there a download to multisim?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,453 Views)

Multisim software will allow you to do SPICE based simulation and circuit analysis and also allows you to do PCB layout within the Ultiboard environment (together they are bundled in what is called the Circuit Design Suite environment).

In comparison with LTSPICE, Multisim has a wide variety of manufacturer models built into the tool.   Multisim is also what is called a mixed mode simulator - it can handle SPICE (SPICE3F5 / PSPICE syntax is supported) and also it supports mixed digital modeling via XSPICE (there are a wide variety of different types of models in Multisim including TTL, CMOS, MIXED analog and digital ICs that are available in Multisim).   In addition, you can go directly from SPICE simulation to layout with the Multisim schematics, since most of the components map directly into PCB footprints for building PCBs.

If you haven't already found it, you can locate the Multisim/Circuit Design Suite download here (free trial for 30 days):

https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evalmultisim/content.xhtml

Thanks,

Pat N

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,429 Views)

I this tool DOA?   Maybe a Firewall or port issue?

I get an error 600 when selecting a part search.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,185 Views)

Wayne2056,

No issues on connecting currently on my side - the tool appears to be working ok and connecting to the Digi-Key web services is ok as well. 

However, the error you are seeing does appear related to web services and/or internet connectivity so there may be a firewall or port issue.   Let me see if there is anything that you can try to help as a work around.

- Pat N

Message 5 of 10
(7,170 Views)

Thanks for the help.   After some snooping using sysinternal tools I did find out that it is a firewall issue.  I need to enter our proxy address into the Digi-Key tool.  Is there an option to do that?

Regards,

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,129 Views)

Wayne2056

What would be the format of the proxy address?   The tool doesn't currently support a proxy address, but if its not difficult we might be able to accommodate, let me research.

- Pat N

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,127 Views)

Pat,

I beleive it would be similar to what would be entered into a Web broser.  In Firefox under options/internet/connection Settings, there is an HTTP proxy setting.

In our case the entry looks similar to this..  http://proxy-your_company.com/proxy.pac

Thanks,

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,121 Views)

Unfortunately I have found no easy way to allow for a proxy setting when accessing the Digi-Key site from this tool.  

- Pat N

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,048 Views)

Does this tool still exist? Does it work with V13? Where can I download it to give it a try?

-Scott

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,470 Views)