From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differential pair routing best practices

I've been looking for differential pair routing methodologies and am wondering if there are any documents available other than what I see in the UB help, which basically just says how to set up the groups in the group editor.

Apparently the pairs must still have each side routed manually, using the rules to check for spacing conformity.

Apparently there is no capability to route both nets simulataneously like I've done in other layout tools.  This could get to be a pain for the large designs I need to do.

Also the rules check seems to be flawed.  It reports spacing violations in my test placements where there are none.  It does not put up design rule error red bubbles for the violations, though it does appear to center the area on the screen at least.

No error is generated for trace lengths outside of the limits, even if topology is set to daisy chain.  Apparently one must just watch the spreadsheet while pushing traces to get the length measurement to be correct.

The autorouter doesn't seem to respect differential pairs at all.

If I have many hundreds of diff pairs to set up are there any shortcuts, or do I need to set up each pair manually in the group editor?

Thanks,

David B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,727 Views)