Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default PCB templates

Solved!
Go to solution

Does Ultiboard provide a way to redefine what the default PCB project contains?

Right now, when you open Ultiboard and select "Create new project..." it opens to the design space with nothing there.  Which is cool; you just then draw your board rectangle, add a title block, etc, etc, life goes on.

However, we are looking to keep our layout design as consistant as possible between the different engineers.  So, what I would like to do is create an empty board outline, add a title block and any other text descriptions fields that I want and then save it as the default new project template.  This way, the next time I create a new board I start with my preconfigured title block and description fields arrangement.  Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,320 Views)

Update:

I have seen in the Global Options -> Paths tab the field for Templates default path.  But I'm not really sure what this is for.  The only description I can find of this field is: "This is where custom template files are located".  Custom template files for what? Part footprints? Board shapes?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,311 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomaz588

Hi there,

Multisim/Ultiboard includes the ability to create user templates, basically a Multisim file (for your schematic) and an Ultiboard file (for the PCB layout). Details can be found at:

Prototype Rapidly with Multisim and Ultiboard User Definable Templates

Hope this helps!

Fernando

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 3 of 3
(5,274 Views)