Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custon Multisim Part with shared pins

I am trying to creat a custom component in Multisim (footprint only) for the AOZ1360 HIgh Side Switch.  It utilizes a DFN-10 footprint but since only a total of 6 pins are needed for the part operation the Input is shared between pins 1 & 2, the Output is shared between pins 9 & 10 and pins 3 & 4 are NC .  How do I handle this in component creation without being forced to give all 10 pins unique names? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,577 Views)

Hi there,

For handling repeated pins, you can add more than one Footprint Pins to a  symbol Pin. For example, from the data sheet of AOZ1360, Pin 1&2,3&8,9&10 are conected. 

pin config.PNG

select footprint.PNG

As shown in the figures below, we can assign Footprint Pins 1,2 to Symbol Pin 1.

edit footprint.PNG

Hope it helps!:-)

Chen_T
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(5,539 Views)

Thank you so much for your help. 

Unfortunately, when I try what you suggested I still get the same type error that I keep getting throughout and that is that multiple pins cannot share things.  

The actual error is shown below.  I have also included a second image showing my pin configuration. 

I would also like to know if there is a way that the pins can share not only the same footprint pins but the same name as well (i.e. pins 1 & 2 both being lables IN versus IN1 & IN2).

ReplyPic1.png

ReplyPic2.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,535 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply. Thers is another way to create the component. When we are using the Component Wizard, we can edit the componnet using the Symbol Editor

se.PNG

We can deletet the extra IN, NC and OUT to make it as 6 pins. After we finished this, we now can 

assign the pin 1 and 2 to IN

step4.PNG

component prop.PNG

Hope this works!:-)

Chen_T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,530 Views)

Thank you so much.  Now I understand how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,525 Views)