From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Multisim parts

I created a Multisim custom parts in my circuit using foot prints only. The problem is when I transfer this circuits to ultiboard, the connections dissapear and the custom's pads are phade (not bright). Looks like the part does not exist or is inactive. How can I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,018 Views)

Post a circuit with the Multisim part placed on the schematic do the same in Ultiboard, post the two files so that I can look how you made this part.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,983 Views)

Hello, good morning. I was able to fix my problem. I didn't know that when you create a part on ultiboard you are actually creating just a footprint. I went back to Multisim and I create a part with the wizard and I set its footprint with the one I created. Know I got a part that can be used. The problem I got later is that I forgot to map the pins and that's why they were phaded (inactive) the program was given the following error "pins not used are connected". I really appreciatte your time and concern. Oh, I got another question. When I run the simulator it always shows error and it just run whe convergence assistance fixes the problem, even when a run a simple circuit as an astable multivibrator. Do you have an idea what it could cause this problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,912 Views)