Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Wizard - (Multi - section)

Hello,

I am trying to insert new component database AD8698AR and LT1078. (These two are presented in tutorial step by step instructions).

I stopped each time at step 4 (Setting pin parameters). My symbol informaion for AD8698AR is OP777AR. This step does not allow me to go further to next step because there is a problem with same names for pins (VS- and VS+). I cannot use it. I have to change the names if i want to go further to next step. But when i change the names then the problems comes with step 5 assigning footprint pins. Then this step gives me the warning that i cannot use the same footprints twice. So i am not using pins twice and succesfully finish component wizard process. 

But when i tride this newly created component it obvisuly does not work.

I am asking here if there any new way of creating new components in Multisim 13.0.1 or am I missing something during my creation? - I am trying to learn how to use this tool. 

Thank you very much for any help.

Bellow are attached screen shots of warnings that I get.

Bye, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,124 Views)

The attachment shows the process that works for me for vacuum tubes.  I'm not concerned about footprints, etc. though!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,053 Views)

Hi,

You can use this tutorial to create a new component.

Regarding the pins issue: my first guess would be is that you have the ground or power pins already connected as hidden pins, that may cause the conflict.

Regarding the model issue: My guess is that your SPICE model has some syntax issues, or uses some spice features that are not supported by Multisim. Double check your sipce code.

Best Regards,
T Simon
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,006 Views)

I tried using the Component Wizard. This is not letting me do what I want. You have to select a footprint from the database. I just want to make a simple 10 pin Molex connector. Pads are 0.070" with 0.045" hole spaced 0.100" apart. Do this all the time in other layout software. How about a 4PDT switch that I know the layout footprint from the mfgr's data sheet and want to make a custom component. Can't seem to find out how to do it. I wonder if it is because I am using the trial/eval software and maybe it is not in this freebie package.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,678 Views)