Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 11 Experiements in Digital Fundamentals...New to MultisimMultisim

HAs anyone assembled Experiment 11 in "Experiments in Digital Fubdamentatls" and got it too work?  I'm having one hell of a time doing figure 11-2.

it's a partially built binary to excess-3 code conversion circuit. Can't get it to work!

HELLLPPPP!

Medix

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,915 Views)

Hi Medix,

You should provide more details and post your circuit.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,855 Views)

This is my dilemma. The book says it should at east operate at this stage so I can work the truth table.

Ughhh...I'm over my head!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,839 Views)

I don't have the textbook you referred so I don't know what you are supposed to do.

The battery sources are incorrectly wired, the longer line is the positive side and you should connect this side to your circuit, the other side with the shorter line is the negative terminal and you should connect this side to ground.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,825 Views)

Tien,

Thanks for your reply.  THis is experiment 11 in Experiements in Digital Fundamentals.  Due to being sick I missed a few classes and my professor has left me struggling with this.

The top circuit is a 7483A bit binary coded  and the bottom 7485 magnitude comparator, and a 7404 hex converter. .HAs 5 red LEDs one four pin DIP and a plethora of resisters!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,822 Views)

Also the solutions needed are that when theDIPs are switched...anything 9 and less should have 0011(3) added. IF it's greaterthan 9 then it needs to add nine(1001). I can't figure how to get the LEDs to reflect that!

Medix

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,803 Views)

OK....figured it out!  Took another look at the Truth tables andmade a few realizations!

I'll post the solution here for whoever else needs it for ITT!

Medix

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,798 Views)