Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open a file in MultiSim 11

Solved!
Go to solution

I just received Multisim 11 and am going through all my MS10 files to convert them to 11 (it would be nice if there was an automatic way of doing this.)  Anyway, the attached file will not open in MS11 but opens fine in MS10.  It is somewhat of an oddball with lots of graphics.  I suspect a bug in 11.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,895 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Circuit_Rider

There actually is a way of mass-converting a bunch of files with Multisim 11.0's enhanced Projects feature.

1. Create a new project (File>>Projects and Packing>>New Project).

2. In the Design Toolbox, right-click on the "Schematic" group within the project and choose "Add file..."

3. In the file selection dialog you can add one file at a time, or multiple ones with multi-select.  

4. Do steps 2 and 3 over again in as many folders as you want. 

5. Once you've added all the files you want to upgrade, upgrade the project (File>>Projects and Packing>>Upgrade Project).

This will create a new ms11 file with the same name and folder location as all of the old files (leaving the old files intact).

If you do this for a lot of files, it may take several minutes (the file format has radically changed with v11.0 so there's a lot of work being done), but it's easier than doing it by hand. 

As for your one file that won't convert - it seems that one of the objects (the yellow wire) has become corrupted.  I find that in v10.1.1, double-clicking on this wire fails to bring up a property page.  When I open this file in v10.1.1 and resave it, I can now open it in v11.0, but the yellow wire is still corrupt.  It would be best to delete this wire in v10 and redraw it before conversion.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 3
(6,870 Views)
Thanks for both suggestions.  They worked. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,842 Views)