From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't finish my project, MultiSIM Blue only allows 65 parts.

Hi,

Myltisim Blue won't allow me to finish my project because it limits the number of parts you can have to 65. I have spent a lot of time learning MultiSIM Blue and I now can't put any more of the 100,00 Mouser parts in my project. When downloading MultiSIM Blue, it was never indicated that the number of parts are limited to 65. What good is MultiSIM Blue if you can't complete your project. I'm not happy Mouser, what can be done to allow me to finish my project without having to remove any parts? After spending so much time I need to finish my project. Please don't ask me to spend over $800.00 to purchase MultiSIM from you. Mouser you have put me in this position where I can't finish my project after spending so much time,, please help me.

Not happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,197 Views)

Someone has indicated that the FAQ states the following:

Quote:
MultiSIM BLUE is the FREE version of NI's Multisim. It incorporates the 50 part limit of Multisim Student, the simulation engine of Multisim Base and the full version of Ultiboard Power Pro. In addition, you get a 100,000+ part database and tight integration with the Mouser website.
End Quote.

On downloading MultiSIM Blue it indicates you can get 100,000+ parts. But doesn't indicate there is a part limit of 50. Why not. This is only putting the good side and not the bad side. How many would not down load MultiSIM Blue knowing there is a 50 part limit? Mouser is not being honest and telling the full story. What they are doing is causing pain for their customers when they find they can't finish their project. And what are they doing to help, nothing. I'm stuck with no way forward.

Anyhow, Mouser acting in this way doesn't help their name. It will catch up with them. Everyone will decide that. A limit of 50 parts makes MultiSIM Blue totally useless for any reasonable size project. Word will soon get around.

I was thinking that I might be able to solve my problem by purchasing the student version. But that also has a 50 part limit.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,170 Views)