Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big gerber File exported with True Type Font

Hi, in Ultiboard 10.1, i have choose a True Type Font "Freestyle", but the *.gbr-File exported is very Big over 12 MB with only 8 word. how can i change the Polygone traces in this font?

and if not possible to do that, is it possible to make the lines in thisgerber File to be bigger then 0,01mm? it seem to make a lott of thisthin lines to create this Font.

Many thanks for Feed back.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,916 Views)

Hi Abderrahim,

There is no way to increase the diameter of the line in Ultiboard, but there are ways to reduce the file size. The first thing is to ensure you are exporting Gerber RX274-X, not the D version. Ultiboard is able to export polygons in X that is not possible in Gerber D. A simple test I did reduced a file from 3.7MB to 137KB just from this change. The second thing is to select "Merge Polygons (slow)" in the Gerber properties dialog although I would not expect this to have a significant effect in your case.

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,912 Views)

Many thanks for your Answere,

i choose always the Extended Option, but when i observe the Polygone in GC-Preview for Example, and when i zoom in, i see that there is a lot of  small Lines that design or fill the Polygone Font.

The Support of NI told me to use the "paint.net" Software to convert a Font-text to a Picture and to past this monochrom Picture in Ultiboard, is this a Solution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,891 Views)
This will work, but it will depend on the resolution of the bitmap, which of course impacts how good the text looks. Higher resolution of means the text looks closer to the font, but it will result in a larger file.
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,883 Views)