Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Multisim user and config files...

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to backup the Multisim 10 user and config files so that I can move Multisim to a faster computer. I'm mostly concerned about the user database and other files I have created.

I saw a reference by GarretF:

"On Windows XP, the user database is located at C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite\11.0\database\"

and wanted to know if this is all I needed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,699 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Speedyg8

Hi Speedy,

There are a couple of things you may wish to back up:

1. The user database (as you noticed)

2. Your user configuration file (any default or customization you have done to the user interface)

• On Windows XP, the user configuration is located at C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite\11.0\config\
  • Copy everything in this directory.

3. The corporate database (in version 10.1, this will also have your user fields)

• On Windows XP for version 10.0, the corporate database is located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 10.0\database
  • On Windows XP for version 10.1, the corporate database is located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite\10.1\database\

4.  The master database (in version 10.0, this will also have your user fields)

• On Windows XP, the master database is located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 10.0\database

In case you have changed the default location (or just want to check), you can find all of these paths for these files from Multisim.

1. Click Options > Global Preferences 
  2. Select the Path tab
You will of course want to save any additional files you created, but that is all for Multisim.
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
Message 2 of 3
(3,697 Views)

Hi GarretF,

is this back up procedure the same under Win7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,013 Views)