Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ammeter Reporting Wrong Value

Solved!
Go to solution

I was solving this circuit with the mesh-current method. I just installed NI MultiSim, and I was hoping to use it to check my schoolwork answers this semester. The first problem had the solution in the back of the book, so I decided to try out MultiSim for this purpose. After solving the circuit by hand (twice, I messed up my linear algebra) I plugged the circuit into MultiSim. The Ammeter and the Multimeter report a value of 4.815 kA. The text book and my math return a value of 6.25 amps. I tried everything I could think of, to no avail. Am I doing something wrong? Is the mesh-current method trumped by some other analysis tool that I'm not aware of? Please help me, I would like to be able to get instant feedback on my homework. Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,058 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RockstarWizkidd

Re-wire your connections to R3, R4, and ground. They were not making "electical" connections. There was no connection dot on the ground point. If you slide R4 to the right, you will see that it is not connected to R3 even though there is a connection dot. Maybe it's second nature for me but I've always made my junction connections at least one grid tick away from the component. It seems that there may be an issue of some kind when trying to make a second connection right at the component.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,041 Views)

Awesome! Thank you. Guaranteed A's on homeworks this semester. It was a novice mistake. I'm not an electrical engineer, so this isn't my wheelhouse anyway, It does make me feel better that I've seen electrical engineers make much worse mistakes in solidworks. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,023 Views)