From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pads which are not part of a component to a netlist??

I'm having some problems in Ultiboard.  I'm making netlists and adding pads to them and its working fine, except that a few pads which i have added are not able to be added to a netlist.

They are THT pads and their Pad name's appear as such:  ", Pin 1" for example.   I noticed that when creating netlists you can only select pads which are part of components and have pad names such as "R1, Pin 1"

HOW do I add these other pins to a netlist?  I have tried selecting the pins and going Tools>Database>Add Selection to Database,   however when I place the part from the database the same thing happens --> the pins arent labelled as part of a component.

I'm sorry, this may be a noob question but please help me out!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,221 Views)

Hi there,

If you right-click on the component and select In-Place Part Edit, you can then add a pin to a particular component (Place >> Pins).  After exiting the edit mode, you can then return to the netlist editor where you will see the new pin associated with that component.

Let me know if you're still having trouble; hope this helps!

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,197 Views)