Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC coil

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello, I got a problem with usage of AC powered relays. I've made the simplest circuit and it doesn't work ( timestep too small and changing simulation settings won't help). I know it's a basic question but i have no idea how it possibly doesn't work. Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,644 Views)

Unbelievable, after restarting program 3 times it started to work. But still, if anyone knows why this error occures or how to deal with it, I'd be grateful, because it was a such dissapointment to realise in the middle of motor control circuit that i can't use AC relays.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,636 Views)

I don't completely understand you question. What exactly where you trying to do? What environment are you using?

kind regards,

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,599 Views)

I am using NI Multisim 12.0

My problem are random actions of program. I'm quite sure the circuit is correct, but somehow simulation doesn't run (timestep too small). Lets see the circuit I posted above, it's the simplest one and still it generates errors. I have no idea why. In circuit I'm working on right now, I got problems with <attachment>. In this fragment, when 1,5 s Relay is closed, coils E 7 and J 2 (1,3s) are energised, making also K29 and J3 energised after 1,3s. After energising coil 3 it closes K28 and opens K18, making the simulation crash. I tried some other simulation parameters, but other fragment of circuit crashes.

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my native language.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,588 Views)

Hello,

Can you post the whole project to have a look at it?

Kind regards,

Ion  R.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,566 Views)

Sorry for the delay. Here's the project, I think I messed a little and now it doesn't work 🙂 The buttons: S = start/Stop, L = Left, P = Right, H = brake. I know there's still a error with f.e. pressing L and R at once, but i can deal with it, just would like to know, how to simulate this efficiently.

Thank you for interest.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,534 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gavinmagnus

Hello,

Well, in order to increase the step size of the simulation, go into Simulate menu, Interactive simulation settings and you have the possibility of setting the maximum time step (TMAX).

The other thing is that any analog simulation program have issues in interpretting the switches. You should use a mixed singal simulation.

What type of anaylsis are you running right now?? Did you tried with transient type? You can change it in Simulate -> Analysis

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ion R.

Message 7 of 8
(4,491 Views)

Thank you for reply.

I have been modifying simulation settings with suggestions from NI tutorial and some users posts. Manually change of parameters did work, untill I increased the number of relays. About mixed signal simulation - did You mean "mixed mode simulation settings" in Simulation menu, or there's some more advanced options? Using analysis is a good idea i think, it no longer displays timestep error with custom parameters, but still sometimes relays don't work well. I think playing with analysis options is a good idea, it could work.

Actually my project has changed a little and I no longer have to simulate this circuit. Despite that, I'd like to thank You for help, probably the problem is to use right parameters of analysis suitable to my processor power. I hope this thread will help other users.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,485 Views)