From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

74hc221

Does anyone have this a Multisim component for this beastie or a good suggestion as to what else I can readily use as a pulse stretcher?  Some of my input pulses are too narrow for what's needed, and I need to extend them to say 0.5uS.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,559 Views)

Hello,

I have not been able to find a 74HC221 model, have you considered making your own?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,514 Views)

David,

At one point I designed a simple digital one shot (monostable) circuit as part of a larger internal design. Note that it is not retrigerrable.  Find it attached. You can set the pulse width in the "Edit Model" dialog in the component's properties.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,479 Views)

onshot.ms10 is an interesting starting point for a monostable.   I have worked round this for now with a differentiator and diode clamp as a leading edge detector, which is what I actually needed.  The only problem with that is the pullup resistor on the comparator has to be relatively low and therefore the current budget is a bit too high for my comfort in this case.

Ah well, you can't win 'em all.

Cheers

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,475 Views)

Dave,

Did you find a satisfactory solution to your monostable needs in the end?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,415 Views)

No, but the differentiator is doing the job well, and has the advantage it takes very little board space.

We can certainly close this thread off if wished.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,412 Views)