From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the breadboard option in multisim v13

need help in finding the breadboard option. i need to create/simulate how to use a 7 segment display and im planning to design it first in multisim using the virtual breadboard feature. however, i cant seem to find it in my multisim. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,670 Views)

Hello,

The virtual breadboard is only available in the Student and Education editions of Multisim. The option can be found in Tools>>View Breadboard menu.

To verify your Multisim version go to Help>>About Multisim.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,650 Views)

Whose idea was this? You've looked at the cost of this software, right? At least the Power Pro edition should have everything to include the breadboard sim. You're telling me the top notch edition is stripped out of tools like the Breadboard sim? So lame, NI. So lame.

Message 3 of 4
(8,506 Views)

Hi ryansnydermd,

First of all I understand your frustration, just to explain why the breadboard option is not in the PowerPRO; it's because it is only used by educators in classes at labs to teach their students how to use a breadboard for the first time and wire a circuit. There is no actual simulation power behind it. There is no or very little value of it to most of our professional customers.

We carefully tier our products and features (and price them accordingly) to best meet the needs of our users from different industry and education areas. Having said that, we also understand that sometimes our professional customers would want to use an educational feature and vice versa.

I'd be happy to give you a 3-months license of the educational edition of Multisim since you're a PowerPro user. All you need to do is send me your computer ID, your e-mail address, and your Multisim PowerPro serial number in a private message.

Hopefully that will help.

Mahmoud W

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,495 Views)