From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vista registration of multisim 9

Multisim 9.041 runs great on windows vista but can't get registration of my release code to work.  Vista gives error message "program quit working, windows will have to end the program".  Not sure yet if this is a Vista problem which can be fixed by svc pack updates, or compatibility patches to Vista, or if it's a Multisim issue.  Other than that, I've never seen Multisim run this smoothly and responsively.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,463 Views)
Hello,

Multisim 9.x is not supported on Vista, therefore unexpected errors could occur. Version 10.0.1 (and later) supports Vista.

Regards,
Message Edited by Support on 12-19-2008 02:06 PM
Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,433 Views)
Well, I found the registration problem, duh!  During my various conversations with NI people I had been told that the "Signature" number for EWB is different for each computer you install on but it didn't register until I talked with the technicial in Canada.  When I got the new Release Code EWB stopped warning me with the "5-days-left" message.  The "National Instruments Domain Service" still doesn't work but I can live without it, being a single user,  and that's something that is Vista caused.  I fired up about four iterations of EWB and loaded each up with many instruments and components then ran them all at once and it worked great (it doesn't hurt to have 8 processors and 4 gig of memory, though).  Thanks to all the people at NI for their help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,405 Views)