Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triac

Hello,

I have a college course and we have built a dimmer circuit using a triac and diac.  I am using multisim 10 and the circuit dosen't seem to operate correctly in multisim.  I am willing to upgrade to version 12 if the issue is resolved in this version.  I have tried every triac available for multisim and they all seem to not produce the waveform we are seeing on the actual circuit.  It seems as though the triac gate is not operting as expected in multisim.  I either get a full on or a partial off positive peak.  I am looking to vary the off time and see half of the positive and half of the negative peak with the first half remaining at zero until the breakover of the diac is reached by the cap being charged.  I have included my circuit for review.  Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks in advance for the help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,266 Views)

I looked at your dimmer switch and it doesn't look correct, try the schematic at;

http://www.eleccircuit.com/1200-watt-ac-dimmer-by-triac-q4006lt/

This should work better but I would recommend playing around with R1, R2 and R3 for full power and zero power.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,254 Views)

Thank you so much,

That worked with a little bit of tweaking I was able to get the range I was looking for. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,243 Views)