Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel to serial shift register 74LS166

Hi guys,

I'm trying to convert a parallel digital data into a serial data. I used 74LS166. Somehow, I got nothing on output pin. Does anybody know why? 

thanx for helping.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,430 Views)

Hi Sprooch,

Thank you for posting on this forum.Via the following weblink you go to a page where you can download an example VI for converting hexadecimal-formatted integer data to serial data. This is also called converting parallel data into serial data.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/1629

I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Peter S

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,402 Views)

Hello Peter S,

I am also trying to convert parallel signal to serial signal, using 74LS166 in Multisim simulation. I had build my 555 clock timer and 8 bit synchronous counter, they working perfectly except my parallel to serial circuit. The link you provide consist fatal error which I unable to view.

Regards, Alvin Gan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,003 Views)

Hi,

Do you still have that problem?If ja, could you explain which circuit do you use to convert your parallel signal to series and attach it to your feedback?

Do you work in LabVIEW or trying to achieve your goal in Multisim?

Hear from you.

Regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,907 Views)

Hello Hossein,

I don't have any problem with the circuit anymore during implemention on my hardware design.

Regards,
Alvin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,891 Views)

hi, i have to connect two 8 bit shift registers for shifting 8 bit data in multisim.

i m unable to do it,as in 74ls166,there are 8 parallel input but only one output,

plz help me with this.....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,448 Views)

Hi,

Could you please give me more info about what you want to achive ?

Then I hope to can help you about that.

Thanks and best regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,014 Views)