02-29-2012 11:57 AM
I updated my software to Ver 12, and noticed that my user database did not migrate. I then copied my ver 11 user db to the Ver 12 location and restarted Ultiboard. Upon invoking Ultiboard, I received a diagnostic stating that my user database was the wrong version and would not be useable. So how do I migrate my user database, and why wasn't this part of the update procedure in the first place?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-29-2012 02:32 PM
Going to Tools>Database>Convert Database should do the trick..
03-01-2012 10:24 AM
Can you "Accept As Solution" for this post?
This way other users who search for answers on the forum can directly see that this question has a solution.
04-20-2012 08:57 AM
I tried using the "convert database" option but i keep getting this message:
Problem: Database version.[Corporate Database]
The Corporate Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Corporate Database will not be available.
04-21-2012 03:58 AM
Which version of Ultiboard are you using? (Full, Power Pro or Educational)
Where is your Corporate database located? (Options>Global Preferences>Paths)
04-21-2012 06:44 AM
04-21-2012 03:30 PM
What happens if you move the corporate database to another folder (for example the same folder as the user database)?
Does the convert work then?
If this doesn't work, can you then share the database over here?
05-21-2012 08:16 PM
I struggled with this problem for longer than I should have.
When V12 tries to open a V11 UsrComp_S_default.usr, it will fail. If you try to run the convert command on UsrComp_S_default.usr, it will also fail.
Close Multisim and Ultiboard.
Rename UsrComp_S_default.usr to something like UsrComp_S_default_V11.usr
Multisim will then automatically create an empty UsrComp_S_default.usr.
You can then run the Tools->Database->ConvertDatabase command on UsrComp_S_default_V11.usr.
I then merged the converted database into the empty UsrComp_S_default.usr database. Problem solved!
It may have also been possible to exit Multisim, delete UsrComp_S_default.usr and rename UsrComp_S_default_V11.usr to UsrComp_S_default.usr. I didn't try that since the merge worked.
05-22-2012 09:59 AM
Thanks for letting us know!
I hope that from now on you'll be trouble-free.