Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for making a board layout in Ultiboard easy to assemble/troubleshoot

I was wondering if anyone has a good method to go from a Multisim schematic to an Ultiboard layout, keeping specific legs of the circuit separated geographically for assembly and troubleshooting purposes.  I have a circuit with a few analog filters that are tuned to different frequencies, so they have identical components, just specced to different values.  This project is slated for only short run purposes, and will be assembled by hand (the parts are mostly through-hole).

It would be really convenient to be able to automatically make each leg identical for troubleshooting and assembly.  I know that I could slowly work it out myself with a schematic and the ratsnest, but I was hoping for a quicker way, and I see a whole lot of functionality in Ultiboard that I don't know how to use yet.

The method I've been using so far has been pretty rough.  With nearly 250 components, I've been saving the schematics multiple times with each subsequent leg added, and exporting the netlist to Ultiboard one at a time with previous components locked into place.  It's a painful process, but it works.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,134 Views)
You can use the group replica place and the copy route options to do exactly what your asking.  Since it seems your new to this package, it will most likely take the same time to get to the finish line if you do it manually or the method I mentioned.

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,124 Views)