Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim antenna

Does multism have a antenna component if not, then how do I create a antenna in multisim?

I am looking for a simple dipole or monopole antenna.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(18,109 Views)

Hi,

Multisim does not include an antenna component. It seems that a basic approach would be to use a voltage source in series with a resistor (antenna resistance). Another idea would be the use of an equivalent circuit consisting of a capacitor, inductor and resistor.     

Also, in Multisim take a look of the RF Group in the Master Database. It contains some components that could be useful for your simulation.

Hope this helps.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 2 of 5
(17,409 Views)

what should be the value of the voltage regulator if the antenna resistance is 50ohm

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,880 Views)

@siddharthrao998 wrote:

what should be the value of the voltage regulator if the antenna resistance is 50ohm

A single sentence added to a 6 year old thread is not sufficient to help you. Please provide significantly more detail. What does an antenna have to do with voltage regulation?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,871 Views)

typo, i meant a voltage source not a regulator. I need a 50ohm aluminum dipole yagi antenna component but cant find it in multisim.

The man mentioned the antenna could be replaced by a voltage source in series with a resistor(in my case a 50ohm value)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,867 Views)