From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I simulate RAM in Multisim?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to have my student do simulate RAM operation on Multisim 9 but I cannot figure out how to do it. I tried the RAM components but they are all dummy files. I tried to use the register file components and I got the two port component to load register 0 but I cannot load any of the other registers. What I want to do is have the students load the gray code into 16 registers and step through to show me they understand how the RAM works.

Thanks,

Tyrone

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(16,126 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tyronethompson

Hi Tyrone,

There is a 2K8RAM that comes with Multisim 9. It is under the Misc Digital group and TIL family. Give that a try and see if that satisfies your requirements.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(16,122 Views)
That did the trick thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(16,110 Views)

Hello, sorry for reopening this old thread.

I'm trying to use the 2k8ram component in Multisim 9 and I can't get it work. Could you share some shcematic or truth table?

Thanks a lot.

Mensaje editado por geq
Mensaje editado por geq
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(14,945 Views)

I wanted to do a demo of how RAM worked so the file attached is what I came up with. I had my students save the 4 bit gray code sequence in the RAM and step through it. Once you stop the simulator the content of the RAM is cleared so it also shows how volatile memory works.

Hopefully it's helpful to you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(14,918 Views)

i started to simulate your sample ram in multisim, but it didnt work? when i turn on the switch theres no light ? why? please reply immediately because we need it as soon as possible.. thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(13,016 Views)

I just ran it and it works for me (I did update the components since I'm now in v.13). What is not working for you?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(13,004 Views)

Hi! guys. does anyone knows how can I make Ram circuit with these components 6116 and 74LS244.

I made it in proteus and it works well. but i have a problem with that in multisim, I made it in mulutisim, but it doesn't work in multisim.

Would you mind checking them out? here's the file.  I wonder what might be wrong? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(12,644 Views)
Did you end up getting that circuit working Adonis_2013? Or does anyone else know how to do it or why it doesn't work? I've been trying and searching for a solution for a week but I can't find any details. BTW I have a fairly simple digital circuit that needs to store some data in memory and read it back again. I have the 2K8RAM chip working fine, but I want to be able to incorporate other types of memory chips... without having to introduce a whole MCU just for the memory access... Any assistance would be greatly appreciate 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(12,356 Views)

no idea

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(11,666 Views)