Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create copper plated hole with and annular with Ultiboard 13 (a PTH or Compliant Pin Hole)?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a new user of Ultiboard 13 (Windows7-64 bit). I see how to create holes in a PCB (with the Annular Ring option), but I don't think the hole is copper plated. The drill diameter specification is relatively obvious, but there does not seem to be a way to define the plating thickness through a plated hole (if it is at all possile). Ultimately, I would like create footprint requiring about 150 PTH holes to fit 2 different compliant pin sizes (for one connector!). Any help with this would be fantastic!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,387 Views)

Hi Rick,

You should contact your PCB manufacturer and ask them for recommendation, manufacturing process may be different from one company to another and you may get different results. 

Usually, along with gerber file you provide the manufacturer with notes how your want your board to be made and this is the kind of information that you can add to the notes.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,349 Views)

Thank you Tien,

I will take your advice about asking the PCB manufacturer about their process, but do you have any idea of how such feature could be represented in Ultiboard? Anything you can suggest would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,340 Views)

Hi Rick,

If you select Place>>Hole, there is "plated" check box if you want the hole to be plated.  If you want to create a hole with copper ring, you can create a custom part and just add one through-hole pad, this will be plated.

When you export the NC drill file, open the .rep file with Notepad and plated hole should have "PTH" under "Type" column.

Tien P.

National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(6,319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RickR2

Tien,

Thank you very much! That's what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,300 Views)