Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting components from multisim to ultiboard

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to export my design from multisim to ultiboard. I have multiple pages in my schematic in multisim and I when I export it to ultiboard, I would like the components in a page to be placed near each other in ultiboard. What should I do ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author moeen1368

Hi,

When you transfer a Multi-page design from Multisim to Ultiboard, all the parts are transferred at the same time and placed outside of the board outline and there is no way to automatically group parts that come from a specific page.

Now, one thing you could do is create a Part group in Multisim. Open a page and select all the component, then go to the Spreadsheet View, Components tab. Go to the Part group column, click one of the cells and enter a name for the group. Repeat for other pages if necessary.

Transfer the design to Ultiboard. Now, let's say that you want to place on the board outline only the parts from a specific page. In the Spreadsheet View go to the Parts tab. In the Part group column select the entire group; only the components that belong to this group will be highlighted. Now you can simple drag and drop the entire group of components.

Hope this helps.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 2 of 2
(5,258 Views)