From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create TDMS noise source

Hello,

I have a csv file that was converted to a tdms file through a labview circuit. I am trying to use this tdms file to implement a source in Multisim. On the oscilloscope in labvuew it is outputting the right thing, but when I put it on the tdms source it is not. Could someone help me out? I am attaching relevant files (the vcs file and the converter labview design)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,948 Views)

Hi,

I am not sure why you want to do because you can save your noise data as a text file and import it directly to Multisim. The only reason why you would want to bring a tdm file into Multisim is if your VI is setup to save tdm file and don't want to convert the data.

In Multisim use a Piece Linear Wise (PWL) source, it's located under the "Sources" group, "Signal voltage source" family. Place the source on the workspace, double-click and there should be an option to load a .txt file.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,905 Views)