Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestions on preparing CLAD exam (My Exam on February 17th 2012)

Hi 

I am going to write my CLAD exam on February 17th i.e this friday,I have prepared LabVIEW Basics 1 and Basics 2 manulas

Please give me some suggestions on "how i should revise and what areas i need to cover.and how i should practice for the exam"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(11,583 Views)

Hi Illa,

Glad to hear you were able to get everything scheduled.

I already posted the best preparation advice I can give you in the Cost of the LabVIEW Exam in India thread.

This week, if nothing else, watch the two CLAD webcasts and try the two sample exams you find in the CLAD e-kit.

Preparation webcasts and try the 2 Sample exams

Best of Luck!

Mallori

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(11,578 Views)
Another couple things to add. I posted this comment a little while ago on the difficulty of the exam: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Do-I-need-Core-3-to-do-CLAD-exam/m-p/1402686#M546312
"Also be aware, I've spoken to quite a few CLAD exam takers in the last year and they all agree that the current CLAD exams are much harder and trickier than the sample exams here on ni.com. One taker for instance missed only one question the first time he took the sample CLAD exam but failed the actual exam by a couple questions. So make sure you're overprepared!"
Someone on the NI community made a pretty comprehensive list of preparation materials here:
Additionally, quite often we work with preparing people for the CLAD exam so I made a video examining a very common type of CLAD question:
You can take a look at the notes there which have a few more links to CLAD preparation resources. I'll include this one where someone on the NI community made a pretty comprehensive list of preparation materials:
Good luck!
Brian Spears
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(11,555 Views)

You might also search for and look at the CLD-R (recertification) exam samples. I'm pretty sure they are questions of a similar style to the CLAD, so the knowledge might help. Good luck, read every question carefully, answer the ones you can easily, with assurance, first, then go back to look at the ones that aren't as obvious.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(11,543 Views)

I gave my CLAD Exam today, Thank You very much for all of your suggestions and support,

How many days it takes to get the result,how to know wheather certified ot not?

Message 5 of 20
(11,528 Views)

Hi llla,

At first congrats.

It normally takes 4 to 5 weeks. The result will be mailed to your email address by ni certification with logo and softcopy of your certificate.

keep fingers crossed

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
Message 6 of 20
(11,526 Views)

Great job Illa, and good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(11,510 Views)

Good Luck!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(11,504 Views)

@Illa wrote:

I gave my CLAD Exam today, Thank You very much for all of your suggestions and support,

For the CLAD you should find out imediately. I did when I took the exam at Pearson VUE. All certified indivuduals should be listed here.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(11,493 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

@Illa wrote:

For the CLAD you should find out imediately. I did when I took the exam at Pearson VUE. All certified indivuduals should be listed here.

Well, Steve and I are in the USA,  other geographical areas do take some time.

The big question is, "how do you feel you did?"

Right next to that question in importance (and one i would love to hear you answer)-----What were you unsure of durring the exam?  That! would help us to focus the next poster to this board.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 20
(11,489 Views)