From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update in Re-Certification policy.

I got my new certificate on Friday.  I am now certified through September 2021!  Yep, I really like the new certification rules.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 17
(4,656 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I am now certified through September 2021!

How's is that possible, even if you take and clear CLED, that will give you a certificate valid through 5 years, which is through April, 2019 (considering your exam result got announced this month only).

But as you're mentioning September, it has to be (by latest) last year, that makes untill 2018 (2013 + 5 years).

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(4,647 Views)

@moderator1983 wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

How's is that possible, even if you take and clear CLED, that will give you a certificate valid through 5 years, which is through April, 2019 (considering your exam result got announced this month only).

But as you're mentioning September, it has to be (by latest) last year, that makes untill 2018 (2013 + 5 years).

CLA.  My certification period just started in September 2013.  So NI just extended that to 4 years.  So my certification period is through September 2017.  I just got enough points to recertify again.  So I am recertified when this current period expires, taking me to 2021.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 13 of 17
(4,644 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@moderator1983 wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

CLA.  My certification period just started in September 2013.  So NI just extended that to 4 years.  So my certification period is through September 2017.  I just got enough points to recertify again.  So I am recertified when this current period expires, taking me to 2021.

Yup, but for the next few months I'll earn points and you won't get another one til 2017.Smiley LOL!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(4,642 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Yup, but for the next few months I'll earn points and you won't get another one til 2017.Smiley LOL!

But I also don't have to worry about it for 3.5 years.  I might start to care again in 2018.  It's not like I'm not active in the LabVIEW community.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(4,632 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

But I also don't have to worry about it for 3.5 years.  I might start to care again in 2018.  It's not like I'm not active in the LabVIEW community.

TRUE, But what will you hang on the wall from Sep 2015 though Sep 2017?  The expired Certificate or the Post-Dated one?Smiley Surprised  I'm sure NI Cert will figure something out-  Let me know.- {EDIT}nevermind,  I'll just ask.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(4,631 Views)

I know this thread is a little old, but the story continues...

So my current job has restricted how much I could potentially participate in things such as NI Week, local things, etc.  As such, I kind of forgot about needing to recertify until early this year.  But then COVID-19 hit.  In some ways, this has been a great benefit.  There are A TON of user groups going virtual this year.  I'm talking all around the world.  So between VI Week and participating in 4 user group meetings (none of which I would have been able to participate if they weren't virtual and I was working from home), I am almost recertified (at 40 points now).

So for those of you who need to think about recertification, look for user groups.  They are beneficial in many ways and you may also just learn something.

GCentral
Message 17 of 17
(1,865 Views)