Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic Light Vi 2

So I am also trying to sharpen my LabVIEW skills for this same CLD and I came up with doing it this way:

This is much smaller than the official NI one as well. Did I miss anything? I'd appreciate your feedback 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,904 Views)

You missed several things most notably, the timing.  Somehow you managed to get two red light steps (at 4 seconds each) to get done in a mere 6 seconds.  So you let E-W go green as soon as the N-S lanes change to red giving no chance for the traffic to clear the intersection in violation of the contract your company has with the local city.  Certainly the city engineer is going to reject the product rather than settle all the lawsuits for personal injury and vehicle damage.

You might have also missed the "Certification Board" on the forums.  Do check it out.  I'll be moving your post to a new thread over there.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,898 Views)

I see where you're coming from on the timing (obviously for a real traffic light you would want a time for all Red [R,R,R,R]) However, I don't see where that is called for in the instructions.

"The pattern of the lights with no left-turn sequence should be according to the following

table:

[N,S,E,W]
[G,G,R,R]
[Y,Y,R,R]

[R,R,G,G]

[R,R,Y,Y]

<repeat>"

If they had wanted an all red state, shouldn't the table read:

[N,S,E,W]
[G,G,R,R]
[Y,Y,R,R]

[R,R,R,R]

[R,R,G,G]

[R,R,Y,Y]

[R,R,R,R]

<repeat>
?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,858 Views)

Red = 4  two reds =8  

So, with a problematic requirement, why did you NOT COMMENT that a discussion needed to be had with the client?  

That is a "Real world" example.  so, you just did what you thought at the time?  

I'm probably going to get dinged for being too critical then again, that is the difference needed to delight your clients.

SO, try it again with the timing arbitrary for each color.  Trust me 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,850 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

So, with a problematic requirement, why did you NOT COMMENT that a discussion needed to be had with the client?  That is a "Real world" example.  so, you just did what you thought at the time?   

200195_Start of Nevermind.png

@JÞB wrote:

I'm probably going to get dinged for being too critical then again, that is the difference needed to delight your clients. 

200196_End of Nevermind.png

Nevermind.

Spoiler
BTW I didn't think you were too critical I just like that you are becoming aware of your critical-ness.
Message 5 of 5
(3,844 Views)