Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for Certification Process

Hello All

I would like to suggest one improvement in the certification results.

(this might seem more of a complaint than a suggestion - I think suggestions for improvement will come from experiences)

Irrespective of Pass/Fail, for objective type tests, I think the results could include more details.

It could either be

- count of correct/incorrect answers 

- details of incorrect answers marked and correct answers marked

there should be some method where the candidate can cross-check the results with his/her answers. 

advantages:

-help us in preparing for the next attempt at certification, if we did not make it through

-help NI in re-checking the results before sending them to the candidate

-enable transparency in the process

I am not sure how the rules are currently, but I believe this idea could be considered when talking about improving the Certification process.

would like to share the experience of a friend - the reason behind this idea/suggestion

the results of a recertification exam (not cleared) were sent by e-mail to a friend. It was a second attempt at the re-cert and my friend was confident of at-least crossing the mark.

Utter luck, that he asked local NI guys if its possible to re-check the results. and an email reply to this request said that the earlier results were incorrect and the new results say he's cleared!! from "jsut below the line" to "just above the line"

thanks to the local NI guys and NI cert-team, my friend was quite elated!

Not all would ask for a re-check and not always would the request be answered.

considering the increasing costs of certification, I would think increased transparency in the results would be a good thing.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,225 Views)

Irrespective of Pass/Fail, for objective type tests, I think the results could include more details.

It could either be

- count of correct/incorrect answers 

- details of incorrect answers marked and correct answers marked

there should be some method where the candidate can cross-check the results with his/her answers

Lets handle that.  The Pearson VUE centers offer this now.  (Your NI REP should be able to obtain testing PC's if PV is not locally available)  This may have some localization limitations but, I wouldn't know since I'm a blissfully ignorant speaker of English with very limited linguistic aptitude.

The Down side,  You still have only 60 minutes encluding review.  So, plan accordingly!  Save the last 5-10 minutes to review your results.  Even if you have to skip answering some questions!  (Guess randomly rather than leaving blanks, you have a 25% probability of guessing right and 1 lucky guess might be all you need)

Justification:  If you can't average 1 question every 75 seconds you probably weren't prepared to succede.  The 10 minute review of questions related to your weaknesses will be the best opportunity for you to focus for your next attempt.  Regardless of the results this review is still invaluable to you!  Each incorrect answer should be looked at as an opportunity to learn something (You didn't know it an hour ago, tomarow you'll know it well)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,206 Views)