Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprinkler CLD review

Hi all,

I am appearing for the CLD exam in next week. I have done one of the practice exam which was posted by NI. I took exactly 4.05 hours to complete and I felt I would have done better with few minutes more. smileysad: Please review and reply. Your suggestions are very much valuable for me.

Thanks,

JKV

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,776 Views)

Hi All,

I request you guys to look once after my code and I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. Please once look into my code. I am writing the exam next week and your comments definitely help me in achiving success in the exam.

Thanks,

VJK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,745 Views)

I think you have done very well on the functionality part.

You need to focus a bit more on the documentation and style.

Documentation is one area where you can score easily, so do not leave it till last. You are almost guaranteed to run out of time so do this as soon as you have the read through the requirement list.

So here it goes:

No documentation for controls on the front panel.

No VI description for the main VI!!!!

No labels for most of the constants on block diagram.

Some of the cases do not have any comments on the block diagram.

Default VI icon for the main VI.

The subVIs have CLD as your icon text. I don't think you will docked points for this, but use meaningful names such as FileIO etc. etc.

Some of the wires have bends in them and you may be docked points for having unnecessary bends in wires!

Some of the wires are hidden behind controls etc., this will cost you points.

Your controls and indicators are not on Top level diagram meaning they are spread over cases, I would do it this way.

Sprinkler_BD.png

Hope this helps. Also read through other posts as there are plenty of valuable information in the certification section.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,726 Views)

Thank you very much .aCe.  for reviewing my code. I will take up your points seriously and try to work out on documentation part. Your comments has boosted my confidence in taking the exam.

VJK

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,723 Views)