07-07-2012 07:29 PM
I'm back with another CLD practice exam. I'd really appreciate any feedback.
I found this exam to be substantially easier than the other samples (Boiler, ATM, Car Wash). It was functional after 2 hours. The total amount of time, including commenting, was less than 3 hours.
I'd really appreciate any thoughts on my solution. I've attached a back-converted 8.0 version and a 2011 version. If anyone has problems loading either project, please let me know.
07-09-2012 08:26 AM
This security scenario was the development section of the CLD when it was a two section exam consisting of a multiple choice section (1-hour) and a development section (3-hours). The difficulty was set appropriately for the allocated time. This security exam is not a representative of the level of the current CLD exams.
Zaki Chasmawala | Certification Development Group Manager | Training & Certification | National Instruments | firstname.lastname@example.org
08-07-2012 02:47 PM
I would like to add one other point that you have overlooked. Practicing in 8.0 may not be the best idea. You want to be able to employ new features in the actual test.
For all others: If you can employ a feature of the latest LabVIEW version do so.
08-08-2012 07:12 PM - edited 08-08-2012 07:12 PM
Thanks for the tip! I am using LabVIEW 2011, but after finishing the test, I "saved for previous version" to 8.0 so the maximum number of people could review my sample exams. I didn't get replies on some of my earlier review requests and figured that using 2011 was preventing people from providing feedback.
08-08-2012 09:24 PM
08-10-2012 04:07 AM - edited 08-10-2012 04:15 AM
I want to know how long you took to code this. i liked the organization. the sub vi icons are bright and clear.
i opened the main vi and saw the data cluster constant expanded to full size. it was overlapping the 'Initialize: Macro' enum. image attached
would suggest you to place the type def control in place of this cluster constant and have a sub vi in the init case, which writes a constant value to this cluster.
the 'error status' cluster element is overlapping the event structure in the producer loop. almost all the cluster constants seem to be overlapping their neighbours in all the sub vis that i opened. suggest you check them once
since you use the enqueue function in for all the events, you can have one enque function outside the event structure and pass the enum and variant data to it from each event case. i would do that, what you are doing right now is good enough
Front Panel: would suggest to make the boolean array backgrounds transparent. only the boolean controls will be visible, though they are in an array. image attached. you can aligh them to be equally distant. the labels also could be in the same level. the indicator label is lower than that of the controls. want to know why you used the colors for 'Alarm', 'Tamper' etc in the top right corner. suggest to color 'Green' as green and 'blue' as the shade of blue you used for indicators. Keep the texts 'Alarm', 'Tamper' etc in black.
In the 'Exit' loop of the consumer, you could build an array of references for switches and pass them to the For loop, to clear references, instead of using 4 close reference vis in series.
In the 'Initialize: Macro' state, you could have had an array constant of enum value, with 4 elements selected.
Initialzie Front panel data : you have three boolean array constants where all are equal. wire the same constant to all the three cluster elements, instead
i made a change in some of your cases, and straightened some wires.
your sub vis have huge FP and BDs. i made some changes.
hmmm... seems like i had got real free time!
best of luck, hope you have not yet taken the exam (before reading my post)
Edit: Forgot to sign off!! here i go..
EX-CLD (born: 21-12-2008 expired: 21-12-2010)