Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Exam Solutions for Review

Can you upload for an older version? I'm on 2014 right now, but if you do 2012 or so you can get an even larger audience.

0 Kudos
Message 411 of 623
(5,372 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

Can you upload for an older version? I'm on 2014 right now, but if you do 2012 or so you can get an even larger audience.

Ah, sorry. This is saved for 13.0 - I tried 12 but got a warning about 'Attachment' missing. Not quite sure what that is but guess I used something not available in LabVIEW 2012.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 412 of 623
(5,370 Views)

The functionality seems to be working well (just did a quick run through). I don't personally make heavy use of property nodes to set UI elements, but it should be ok. I did notice a couple of default icons (on clusters) that should at least have a text icon. I think you're well on your way to passing the test!

Message 413 of 623
(5,367 Views)

Hello all,

I am planning to take CLD in two weeks. I tried to take one sample exam. I have attached Car Wash sample exam here. It is developed in LabVIEW 2015. Need someone to check it and give me feedback. Let me know if someone needs it in any other LabVIEW version, I will save it and upload it again.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Edit: Also uploading LabVIEW 2012 format.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 414 of 623
(5,251 Views)

Looks pretty good to me, although I only recently passed CLD.

Some points to note:

• By using 1 mega-VI, you dinged a bunch of VI Analyzer tests. Basically all of the complexity tests failed (too many nodes, too many wire sources, to many diagrams, too much cyclic complexity). I don't know how heavily this would be penalised (from Style points)
  • Your block diagram was also larger than the specified maximum. Again, I don't know if this is important. At worst, you lose some style points.
  • The car position doesn't reset to Entry when you move to Exit, after the user finishes the car wash. This is specifically asked for in the specification, but it's perhaps a minor point (from Functionality)
  • You don't add the button press for High Pressure Wash. This isn't specifically asked for - I wrote this example assuming it should be added, but since it isn't specified as a requirement (just that it does the wash) it might not be a problem.
  • You didn't use a project. This isn't a requirement but makes it a little harder to check all your VIs (although you only used 2, right?) with VIA at once. I'm pretty sure there are no points deducted for not using a project though, so your choice.
  • A few wires failed the "too many bends" test by having 1 pixel bends. I'm not sure if this is related to a difference in our DPI Scaling, or resolution, or similar. One of the wires also managed to hit a "backwards" test fail, presumably by having a 1px change at a border. Don't worry about these too much, but if you have spare time check using the computer you're on and fix up what you can, hopefully the marker has the same resolution/DPI/whatever and it doesn't change.

Good luck and nice work.

GCentral
Message 415 of 623
(5,245 Views)

Thank you very much for the quick review.

I would like to put few points. First I normally use objects in my regular development but I am not sure if I should use it in the CLD exam. I am more comfortable with project file but again did not use it because I did not see any example test using it. I tried to follow the architecture what I saw in other examples.

Is it ok to use objects in the CLD exam? It would simplify the work on great extent also it will be modular. I don't want it to look like overdo.

Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 416 of 623
(5,243 Views)

You can definitely use objects if you want. The point usually given as a cautionary thought is that you need to make sure you don't spend too long setting up architecture. There's no restriction against, but no bonus points for, using LVOOP. That being said, it can make compartmentalisation easier, and you get VI Icons that are non-default almost for free.

GCentral
Message 417 of 623
(5,238 Views)

I'll add some points:

1. Front panel is not documented - all controls/indicators on the front panel must have description/tips.
2. For enums better to use typedef enums (I mean in Timer.vi).
3. I don't think that there will be problem with block diagram size - currect monitors have high resolution, plus with LabVIEW 2016 + you have such a big palletes, that old rule for small FP or BD size, I guess, is not applicable. But, keep in mind, that you can achieve that at least your code blocks will be scrolled just in one direction.
4. Event structure - either not use it at all, or put it inside of the case structure. Basically, if you need to catch just value of button Stop, you don't need event structure at all.
5. I guess, no need to use case structure on the upper level - anyway, this module is stand-alone. But it's up to you.

And, as it was told before, you can use VI Analyzer tool on the exam, to evaluate your VI; it could really help.

Message 418 of 623
(5,232 Views)

Thank you for the feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 419 of 623
(5,228 Views)

Hi,

I'm taking the CLD in a few weeks. Would someone be able to give me some review tips?

I've attached the Sprinkler example (LV2014).

Thanks!!

Nico

0 Kudos
Message 420 of 623
(5,119 Views)