Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Certification Nugget: CLAD - Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

Solved!
Go to solution

So, I received my CLAD a few months ago, and I'd like that to reflect in my signature line (similar to your CLD image) I'ev been looking all over my profile settings to figure out how to include it in my signature line.  I've even hunted through the forums to see if anyone has asked this particular question to no avail.  Suggestions? 

Also, I'm considering/preparing for the CLD, but I've been working so much lately with Actor Frameworks that I feel like it's a step backwards for me to return to QDMH design patterns.  I've looked over a few of the sample exams and solutions (and tried my hand at them) and I'm extremely slow relative to the 4 hour time limit because QDMH requires so many special considerations.  The example solutions seem to operate within a single while loop with one or two subVis doing the lion's share of the work. My concern with that approach is reducing the overall functionality of the Event structure and eliminating the ability to stop the program before it has finished operating.

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labman04

@labman04 wrote:

So, I received my CLAD a few months ago, and I'd like that to reflect in my signature line (similar to your CLD image) I'ev been looking all over my profile settings to figure out how to include it in my signature line.  I've even hunted through the forums to see if anyone has asked this particular question to no avail.  Suggestions?

From your profile, go to "My Settings" towards the top.  From there, go to Personal->Personal Information.  There is an entry there for a signature.  It uses HTML.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(4,387 Views)

@labman04 wrote:

Also, I'm considering/preparing for the CLD, but I've been working so much lately with Actor Frameworks that I feel like it's a step backwards for me to return to QDMH design patterns.  I've looked over a few of the sample exams and solutions (and tried my hand at them) and I'm extremely slow relative to the 4 hour time limit because QDMH requires so many special considerations.  The example solutions seem to operate within a single while loop with one or two subVis doing the lion's share of the work. My concern with that approach is reducing the overall functionality of the Event structure and eliminating the ability to stop the program before it has finished operating.

Nobody said you could not use Actor Framework on the CLD.  If you are fast with AF, then use it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(4,385 Views)

@labman04 wrote:

Any suggestions? 

Wow!, Yes, Actor Framework is a powerful tool.  So is a hammer!  Your CLD experience will test 10 key ideas (Outlined in the Success package) 

If you understand why the AF meets those concepts- you'll do fine on your CLD!  On the other hand, If you use AF as a "One-size-fit-all" solution for everything- You missed understanding the concepts behind why some programming patterns are better for some use cases.  Thinking of moving off the AF as "A step back" should clue you to the idea that you might need to revisit some of the on-line training about design patterns before you sit the CLD.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 5
(4,345 Views)

The most important thing before taking the CLD test is to be sure that whatever your solution is, that you are confident in using it.

Also you can't install any code to take your test, so you may use OOP because is native from LabVIEW but I am not sure about AF.

There is a book called Effective LabVIEW Programming sold by NI (printed version) or you can get online at google book store. This book explains most solutions for CLD using common design patterns (state machine, queue, queue message handler, etc). The example files discussed in the book are available for download here.

Good luck in your CLD test.

Guilherme Correa
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,221 Views)