Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queued Message Handler Project Template

Hello,

Currently prepping for CLD exam.

I was told we could use LV 2012 Professional Version.  Is it OK during exam to use Project template for Queued Message Handler to generate VIs and block diagram code?  Or must a QMH be generated from scratch?  

I assume there will be a main VI which we must modify, but the thought was to reuse the generated template code into this VI.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,616 Views)

You can use templates, examples etc that ships with LabVIEW. I am sure I read this somewhere, will post a link if I find it.

Here is one tip offered by one of the experts: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/Car-Wash-REVIEW/m-p/2267688#M540

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,606 Views)

Correct.  Any templates that ship with LabVIEW can be used.  

I would strongly urge not using it without familiarity.  The CLD is definitely not the time to have to research a template or other architecture.

Mark Ramsdale
Program Manager & CLA
Global Demo and Equipment at National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,588 Views)

I have an additional question along the same line.

In the example exams it is stated that "you must maintain the folder heirarchy" and provided is a directory labeled SubVIs. 

Can we place sub-directories in the SubVI directory (those that might be part of a template for example) or do all our subVIs have to reside in that one folder called SubVIs?

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,007 Views)

I would recommend using virtual folders.  But, of course you do have to save your work to the thumb drive that they provide you with. So pay a little bit of attention to disk location.of course the Project Explorer will allow you to see exactly where everything is saved on disk.  use the Project Explorer.  

Hint .. Show file names.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,993 Views)

Thank you Jeff.  

Virtual folders does make keeping track of the SubVIs much easier.  

Mark

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,972 Views)

I'd recommend using the Producer/Consumer Design Pattern for Events as your template. This template comes with LabVIEW so you won't have to generate it at test time. In my opinion the Producer/Consumer in conjunction with FGV usage gives excellent coding flexibility in a fairly simple to use format. State machines are ok but you can get tangled up with them as the coding complexity grows.

Jim Haas
Message 7 of 7
(5,956 Views)