Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for CLED Exam

Hello,

I was about to start prepartions for taking the CLED exam but I cannot have enough resources and insights from others like when in CLD that there is a discussion thread. I would like to ask if there are others that are preparing so we can share our insights and others.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(9,402 Views)

For the multiple guess part of the exam, read the NI LabVIEW for CompactRIO Developer's Guide.  There is a ton of good information in it and the exams are almost written by it.  Otherwise, go through LabVIEW RT 1 and 2 and FPGA training material.

The CLED is still in its infant stage, so there is not a lot of information out there.  It was a rough exam.  So good luck.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 11
(9,397 Views)

Hello,

As Crossrulz said, the cRIO developer guide  is a great resource for the multiple choice section. The newer ECM course is better than RT 1&2 / FPGA, but It is currently only available as classroom format. 

For the practical, make sure you get things functional and then add features. The exam is graded on the host-side front panel, so make sure your communication channels are set up and work correctly. 

Best Regards,

Nathanael Letchford

Certified LabVIEW Architect | Certified Teststand Developer

Certification Engineer | Global Customer Education

National Instruments

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
Message 3 of 11
(9,389 Views)

guess what I'm going to say to Tim?

@crossrulz wrote:

For the multiple guess part of the exam, read the NI LabVIEW for CompactRIO Developer's Guide.  There is a ton of good information in it and the exams are almost written by it.  Otherwise, go through LabVIEW RT 1 and 2 and FPGA training material.

The CLED is still in its infant stage, so there is not a lot of information out there.  It was a rough exam.  So good luck.

Your insight on that would be valuable!  PM me over on the other side! you know what group.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(9,361 Views)

For the Multiple choice exam, it is fully enough to prepare using NI CompactRIO Developers Guide, and for the practical exam you can check out the problem and solution available from this link.

I would suggest to start with the FPGA code development, as it takes approximately 40 minutes to compile it using cloud. Make sure to read the full problem before implementing the FPGA, as some FPGA requirements are mentioned also in the RT requirements part of the document.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

Message 5 of 11
(9,289 Views)

Thanks for the responses.

You've mentioned that it took 40 minutes for the compliation on cloud. Why did it took so long for the compilation? I only use local compile server so I don't have experience on cloud compile.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(9,275 Views)

Actually I don't remember if it is compulsory to use Compile Cloud Server, or it is possible also to use local server, but in the preparation guide, for the exam computer, one of the requirements is the internet connection for Compile Cloud Server.

They also provide 30-day evaluation period of the NI Cloud service for the exam.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(9,271 Views)

@arevh wrote:

Actually I don't remember if it is compulsory to use Compile Cloud Server, or it is possible also to use local server, but in the preparation guide, for the exam computer, one of the requirements is the internet connection for Compile Cloud Server.

It is a requirement.  They did not want to give an unfair advantage to somebody with a really good local compiler.  My FPGA builds took around 20 minutes.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(9,264 Views)

FYI Compiling the solution exam in 2015 takes 42 minutes in the cloud (doesn't include "Generating intermediate files"). 31 of those minutes are "Generating Xilinx IP".

See also: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-FPGA-Idea-Exchange/NI-Cloud-Compile-Farm-take-advantage-of-cached-co...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(8,943 Views)
i have refer the course content of ECM Course. which contains RT 1&2, FPGA, CRIO which is given in the NI Online learning portal.

https://learn.ni.com/training/resources/1268/labview-fpga
https://learn.ni.com/training/resources/1273/labview-real-time-1
https://learn.ni.com/training/resources/1274/labview-real-time-2

Hope, there are enough for the preparation.
Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,335 Views)