From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please review my solution!

Hello All,

I am planning to attend the CLD exam next week. I am practicing some of sample questions. I solved the ATM question.

Kindly please review and let me know the feedback. Attaching the code in both 2014 and 2010 version along with question.

Thank You!

Regards,

Rajesh Nair

Rajesh Raghavan Nair

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Teststand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,491 Views)

Overall I've seen worse but, you do have a major problem as I se it from looking at your code.

You FORGOT the USER.  Seriously, the user is key.  Tip Strips and Discriptions on EVERY user control or indicator is a must.  Postition the FP so user controls are visable is a must.

I'm not "in love" with your queue handler but could se it on a larger project with a generic queue data type and a priority boolean.  overkill for a CLD exam you only get 4 hours and yo need to document those controls and indicators.

Type defs-  All have default icons (Break that habit now or you'll find something like this someday and be sorry)

Capture.PNG

There are a few developers I'd be tempted to shoot.  It is a point on code reviews around here now.

Wired terminals not on root block diagram will get you dinged.  do a search i've said it before.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 4
(5,455 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I have gone through your post.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Community-Nugget-Wired-Terminals-in-Subdiagrams-Clearing-up-the/td-p...

I got your point. Thanks a lot!

-Rajesh

Rajesh Raghavan Nair

Message 3 of 4
(5,453 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Got the CLD. Thanks Jeff for your help!

Rajesh Raghavan Nair