Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passed My CLD

@jcarmody wrote:

re: recertification by points

I haven't taught a class in forever, and I no longer work for a Certified Training Center, so that avenue looks like a dead-end.  I might be able to attend a local NI event, but that'll require using vacation time (which is not a show-stopper).  I expect that I could write exam content, but I'm not at a level to contribute anything that would qualify as "Involvement with NI".  A colleague recertified as a CLA by writing exam content.

How do you guys get your points?

Funny you should ask:

Presented MLUG Apr 2014 (10)

Attended NI Dev Edu Day Apr 2014 (10)

Attended MLUG June 2014 (5)

Attended NI Days Oct 2014 (10)

Participation on (Redacted, NDA) (10)

Attended WLUG Oct 2014(5) 

and the beta participation (15) is clearly overkill!

Hey I'm CLD til 2019! as soon as Craig sends that darned confirmation E-Mail

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 11 of 17
(4,170 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

Hey I'm CLD til 2019! as soon as Craig sends that darned confirmation E-Mail

Funny enough, if you got your CLA right now it would only be good through 2018.  You'd lose a year of certification by going up.  I guess I can't bug you about getting your CLA for another year then.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(4,164 Views)

I didn't see this to congratulate you in a timely manner.  Good job!!!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(4,101 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Any plans to take the CLA now?  You know we'd love to have you at the CLA Summit in March!  And since I haven't given Jeff a hard time lately about getting his CLA...I'll just leave it at that.

Well about that...I just got my test results back and I passed my CLA.  I didn't get as good of a grade as I felt I should have, but I passed and am thrilled I never need to do that again.  Feel free to give Jeff as hard of a time as you'd like.

Here's a quick summary, instead of making another post.  I sat down for 4 hours straight, no breaks, no food.  Again I had a few minutes to setup quick drops, and LabVIEW configuration.  I got the security system.  I got marked down a decent amount for not having as many modules as they thought, were needed, which added to some of the couplingling between modules.  This was reflected in the Architecture Development section.  I can't remember exactly but I think I had 5-7 modules.  A more scalable and modular design would have more but I didn't think about a couple that I should have made.  Each module was a queued message handler using variant user events for communication between them.  I spent the first hour creating a library with all the components, and core for a single module.  Then when I was happy with it I copied it for each of the modules I wanted.  Then I went and customized each module with documentation, methods, icons, and subVIs I thought were needed.  This left about 2 hours to actually put down all the requirements tags, and document the thing.  It was enought time to do everything that was needed, but if I were to do it again I might have not spent so much time on the module core and done something more simple.  Style 10/10, Documentation 16.8/20, Requirements Coverage 19.7/30, Architecture Development 29/40.

As for the summit, well I have a new job (last 3 months or so) and while I think they would be open to me traveling for a conference, I think they might make me pick either a summit or NI Week, and I'm still a big part of the LAVA BBQ.  So if I am given a choice it'll probably be NI Week.  Not set in stone, but yeah not sure you'll see me there this year, but who knows.

Message 14 of 17
(2,829 Views)

Hooovahh wrote:

As for the summit, well I have a new job (last 3 months or so) and while I think they would be open to me traveling for a conference, I think they might make me pick either a summit or NI Week, and I'm still a big part of the LAVA BBQ.  So if I am given a choice it'll probably be NI Week.  Not set in stone, but yeah not sure you'll see me there this year, but who knows.

First of all, Congrats!  That is a rough exam.  I have yet to meet somebody who passed it that I didn't think should deserve it.  I can't say the same for the CLD.

I start my new job next week.  So I likely won't be at the Summit this year either.  We'll see about NI Week.  But if I had to choose, it would be the CLA Summit in a heartbeat.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,824 Views)

Oh I just found an old post, apparently I am now a CLNCA (Certified LabVIEW No Class Architect), I used libraries, but not classes, or the Actor Framework.  But I did get marked down for not using Advanced LabVIEW techniques, and that might be what they were referring to.  But in my defense I don't think any of the CLA practice exams used classes.

Message 16 of 17
(2,797 Views)
Congrats on your CLA, I hope you can at least make one of the events.
Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,757 Views)