Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid coercion dot when building array of references of different data type.

Solved!
Go to solution

How to avoid coercion dot when building array of references of different data type.

For disabling or enabling wanna a create a one SubVI for disabling or enabling controls instead of creating separate property node for individual controls.

When building array of references of different data type, getting coercion dot at inputs of build array(which is against the CLD style or generally its require to avoid coercion dot.)

Can anybody help in the above issue.??

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,940 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_COder

You could use To More Generic Class.  If I barely failed because of those coercion dots, I would ask to argue the results.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,927 Views)

Thanks Crossrule for your answer.

So its means for every control one TO MORE GENERIC CLASS function VI, Right??

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,910 Views)

@LV_COder wrote:

Thanks Crossrule for your answer.

So its means for every control one TO MORE GENERIC CLASS function VI, Right??

Hemant

Actually, I believe crossrulz said "the coersion dot in this case is fine"  The referencec are being coerced to a more generic class  The property "Enabled" is common to all control objects.  So, no big deal for that coersion (and, it may be safer than "To more generic class")  Now, if you really still want to get rid of those coersion dots.... Just shut them off in the LabVIEW.ini

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,545 Views)